What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data that sites and services you use or visit can set on your browser or device and they can typically be read on future visits to learn more about the User and to personalize an experience, including the ads that are displayed to the User. “Cookies” is also a term that may be used to refer to a range of technologies that help an operator identify Users and devices, which in turn can help personalize an experience, prevent fraud, store preferences, and speed up delivery of content.
Displar may employ cookies and related technologies described below for a variety of purposes, including:
- to learn more about how our products and Services are used and similar analytical purposes;
- to understand how Users interact with our ads;
- to understand how to improve performance;
- to prevent fraud;
- to customize our products and Services with more relevant content; and
- to provide you with more relevant advertising.
For example, we might use a web beacon to learn whether an email message was opened or we might store preferences in a flash cookie.
What types of cookies and other technologies does Displar use?
As described belowDisplar employs a number of technologies to provide and improve the Service. When you use the Service you consent to our use of these technologies, but you are welcome to exercise the choices described below.
- Browser cookies: Displar uses browser cookies. Most major browser companies offer tools or settings for Users that do not want cookies set or read on their devices. Please visit your browser’s settings or privacy settings pages.
- Local Shared Objects: Displar may use local shared objects (also known as Flash cookies) on its sites. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
- Beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs: Displar or its service providers or third parties advertising within the Service may use these technologies to learn the online behavior and interests of Users and to personalize ads that Users see. To learn more about behavioral advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website..
- Device IDs and digital fingerprinting: The Service may use one or more of a variety of unique identifiers to recognize users and their devices, including MAC address, IDFA, Android Ad ID, and digital fingerprint, which may be comprised of several types of data, including device name, the app list or applications installed on the device, and browser characteristics. NOTE:Displar may also generate and assign a user ID when you access or use one of its Services.
What are my privacy choices for advertising?
Advertising helps to defray certain costs of providing Services, especially costs that are incurred byDisplar but not recovered from Users. Thus, you may not have a choice to prevent advertisements from being presented when using the Services; however, you do have choices to limit personalized advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
IfDisplar delivers personalized advertising,Displar will provide notice and information about how you may be able to opt-out of such personalized advertisements. Such opportunity to opt out may occur through your device settings (See “Information and choices regarding tracking and targeting on mobile devices” below).
Developers may use other third party advertising networks. If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), and/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA). Where applicable, you may exercise your opt-out choices at the NAI website, the DAA website, or the EIAA website.Displar does not control these third-party provided opt-out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
Displar uses Google to provide advertising through the Services and on third party websites. We may use the following features based on Google Analytics for Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
More choices regarding browser cookies and beacons and other tracking technologies
Information and choices regarding tracking and targeting on mobile devices
- As of the effective date of this policy, Apple and Google offered the owners of devices that use their operating systems, iOS and Android, options for limiting tracking and targeting in relation to ads. Displar does not control your device level opt out processes and is not responsible for any choices you make through such mechanism or for the continued availability, accuracy, effectiveness, or location of that mechanism. Using a device level opt-out mechanism may opt you out of all third party personalized advertisements, not just those delivered by Displar.
- If you use an Apple device go here.
- If you use an Android device, navigate to the google settings page, select ads and then choose to reset your Android Ad ID or opt-out of personalized ads.
- To learn about options for many mobile ad networks, go here.